Right to Read is a national programme to promote literacy and reading development for people of all ages and backgrounds. It includes national programmes designed to promote children’s reading and literacy.
- Spring Into Storytime
- Summer Stars
- Children’s Book Festival
- Family Time at Your Library
My Little Library
A ‘My Little Library Book Bag’ is available free for every child starting school to help them to prepare for this big step.
Each My Little Library Book Bag contains:
- Three books on starting school, making friends and being comfortable to be yourself
- A story card on going to the library
- A postcard the child can write or draw on and send to their new teacher, or bring to give to the teacher on their first day at school
- Their very own library card and special ‘My Little Library’ cardholder
Book bags are available in both Irish and English.
We hope that once they visit the library to pick up their book bag, our new library members and their families will come back regularly to keep their bag filled up with borrowed books and to take part in storytimes and all the other events we have to offer at the library.
My Little Library Little Book at Bedtime
Free bedtime story books to keep and library card wallets are available at the library for all children of 4 years and under. This exciting initiative aims to engage all parents of young children to read stories with them at bedtime. Bedtime story books are available in English and Irish.