The Toy and Sensory Resource Collection (TSRC) is for children with complex needs and their families. The aim of the Library is to support children and their parents in choosing the right resources to aid developmental growth. The Library has over 70 toys and aids designed to promote growth and development in children with complex needs.
There are four categories to the collection:
- Fine Motor Skills
- Gross Motor Skills
- Play and Life Skills
- Sensory and Tactile
Clare Libraries would like to thank local professionals from the Health Service Executive and the National Council for Special Education for their support with this project. We would also like to acknowledge the support of the West Clare Municipal District. The Library was developed with assistance from the Dormants Accounts Fund.
How it works
You must have a special TSRC library card to borrow from the Collection. Users can join the TSRC by showing a letter of referral from a practitioner such as an Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist, Physiotherapist or other medical practitioner. Teachers and Special Needs Assistants must provide a referral letter from their Principal to borrow on behalf of their school. Membership is free.
The TSRC is held at Shannon Library, but you can request items to be delivered to any of our libraries in Clare. You can then choose items from the TSRC Catalogue and either collect them from Shannon Library or have them delivered to a library near you. To request items phone Shannon Library at (061) 364266 or email email@example.com or request items online using your TSRC membership number and PIN.
You can borrow a maximum of two items at a time. Items can be borrowed for three weeks. Loan items can be renewed online through the borrower’s TSRC account, in person or by phone. Items that have been requested by another borrower cannot be renewed.
Important things to note
- Toys and equipment should only be used on the advice of a health professional.
- Library staff cannot make recommendations on which items to choose.
- Children and adults using the toys and equipment should be monitored by a parent or guardian.
- Toys and equipment may vary slightly from the photographs in the catalogue.
- All toys and equipment should be checked and cleaned before they are returned.
- Please make library staff aware if any of the items are incomplete or faulty.
- Items in the catalogue may be replaced or withdrawn sometimes.
Dowload a copy of the TSRC Catalogue (pdf document) here or ask for one in your local library.