Free Internet access and free Wi-Fi is available in all Clare Libraries branches.
Free Internet Access
All Clare Libraries branches have free Internet Access available via our public computers. Each computer has the Open Office suite installed. Use Open Office for word processing, presentations and spreadsheets. Open Office is free to download and use and has many of the same features as Microsoft Office.
- Use your library card number and PIN to log on to the computers via the PC Reservation System.
- If you are not a member you need to sign in at the library desk, showing proof of ID and address.
- Sessions are for 60 minutes and limited to one session per day. Staff can extend your time if the service is not busy.
- You must abide by the library’s Internet Access Policy
- Children under 18 years of age need permission from a parent or guardian to use the Internet. This will be recorded on their library account.
- Computers cannot be pre-booked so there may be a short wait at busy times for a computer to become free.
Free Wi-Fi is available in all our library branches.
To use the Wi-Fi, connect to the Library Card Number Wi-Fi from your device. You will receive a prompt to login with your library card number and PIN. You have unlimited Wi-Fi access when you are a library member.
If you are not a member of the library you need to sign in at the library desk, showing proof of ID and Address. You will receive a password to connect to the Guest Wi-Fi. Guests can avail of 1 hour of free Wi-Fi access.
eduroam is a Wi-Fi service which allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to access their college/university internet whilst visiting participating institutions. This service is available in Ennistymon Library
Further information on eduroam is available from the national eduroam site for Ireland.