Library Services offered to Primary Schools:
- Class visits to your local library
- A teacher’s card made available to every teacher in the school which will enable each teacher to borrow items for his/her class
- Presentations on the library services may be available on request at local schools
- A range of relevant library resources and services provided to your school includes
– Reading and curriculum support materials
– Online learning resources
– Resource and reference support for school projects in response to teacher requests
- Reading spaces available at your local library
- Reference and research guidance provided to pupils for their project work
Your library can provide reference resources and research assistance to pupils and teachers for school project work.
- Resources for parents to strengthen children’s literacy and numeracy skills
Parents can be introduced to the range of library resources and activities available to support their children’s literacy and numeracy skills development.
- Library programmes and initiatives that are ongoing and take place during school holiday periods
Your library service, through its network, will provide ongoing library programmes and initiatives throughout the year, including an annual summer activities programme, to support the continuing development of children’s literacy and numeracy skills.
- Local History
The local studies department of your library service can provide access to a wide range of historical material about your local area, including maps, photographs, documents and information.