A wide range of resources and activities which strongly support post-primary schools in developing student’s literacy, numeracy, creativity and communication skills are provided by Clare Libraries. By building on existing partnerships between schools and libraries, all post-primary schools can benefit directly from this ongoing cooperation.
Schools can access all of the services for post-primary schools through their local larger/central library or through smaller part-time libraries.
Library Services offered to Post-Primary Schools:
- Class visits to your library branch
- A teacher’s card made available to every teacher in the school which will enable each teacher to borrow items for his/her class A
- Presentations at the school on the library services may be available for students and staff
- A range of relevant library resources and services provided to your school
The services available to your school include the provision of reading and curriculum support materials, young adult collections and online learning resources.
- Study spaces for students will be available in your partnered library branch where practicable, as well as access to Wi-Fi/Internet.
- Research and project work
Your library branch will provide resources and assistance to students and teachers for school project work and research, either within the library branch or electronically, as available.
- Ongoing support for strengthening young people’s reading skills
Support will be offered to young people and parents relating to the resources and activities available for students’ reading skills and interests development. This will be made available to your school where requested.
- Local History
The local studies department of your library service provides access, including online resource access, to a wide range of historical material about your local area, such as maps, photographs, documents and information.