Shannon Library have a selection of podcasting equipment available for use in the library on request. The equipment is housed in a room separate to the library space which can be used for recording purposes. The items cannot be borrowed or taken home. The equipment consists of:
- NT-USB versatile studio-quality USB microphone
- Two NT-1 A studio microphones
- Zoom H4nPro handy recorder
- Two sennheiser HD 215 headphones
- Sonifex SOV2 radio broadcast mixer
- Six microphone stands
- Auralex (acoustics) sound protectors
If you would like to use the equipment please contact Shannon Library.
Please note that the staff in Shannon Library cannot provide assistance in using the equipment. Some prior knowledge is required.
If you are interested in podcasts listen to our Decade of Centenaries podcast series on Sound Cloud.